I love roses! My mom planted them in our gardens. My hubby sends me a bouquet now and then, like these beauties for our 17th wedding anniversary yesterday! Roses are special and sweet. I feel the same way about my writing time. I can never get enough. Here are five cool facts about roses:
– Shakespeare referred to roses in his written works more than fifty times.
– Black roses don’t exist. Near black rose bushes have dark red or purple blooms.
– The oldest fossil of a rose petal, found in Florissant, Colorado, dates back 35 million years.
– 4,000+ songs have been penned about roses.
– The world’s biggest rosebush was planted in 1885 and grows in Tombstone, Arizona; its trunk is close to twelve feet around. The bush covers 9,000 square feet!